- 3 new bachelor students joined our group recently for their short time project work. MCRG welcomes young talent.
- Our group visited Prof. Minna Hakkarainen’s group at the KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Stockholm. The group thanks, Prof. Minna Hakkarainen for invitation and hospitality. It was a very educational visit. Both the groups presented their ongoing research and interests. It was a very nice and encouraging experience for newly entered group members. After lunch, the visit to Nobel museum was very inspiring. We spent some time around the old town in the evening. Overall, it was full of fun, joy as well as very educational.(08/11/2017)
- Milla went as a PhD exchange to conduct some part of her research at the University of Warsaw, Poland. She will be working in the group led by Professor Barbara Palys at the Department of Chemistry. Congratulations and all the best Milla!
- Rahul received one-year grant from The Jenny and Antti Wihuri Foundation for doctoral study. Congrats Rahul!
- Nianxing presented his research titled “Viologen Based Redox Composite Films: Electrochemical Synthesis and Characterization” at the “68th Annual Meeting of the International Society of Electrochemistry” held in Providence, USA.
- Rahul presented a poster titled “Vapor phase polymerized highly conducting PEDOT films as electrode and high capacitance material” at the “14th European Conference on Molecular Electronics” held in Dresden, Germany.
- Rahul attended the “4th International Summer School Spectroelectrochemistry” at the Center of Spectroelectrochemistry, Leibniz Institute for Solid State and Materials Research (IFW Dresden), in Dresden, Germany
- Milla presented her research titled “Electroactive Composite Materials for Supercapacitors” at “7th International Symposium on Energy” held in Manchester.
- Rahul received one-year grant from the Fortum Foundation for doctoral study. Congrats Rahul!
- Bhushan won the best Ph.D. thesis prize from Pentti Kosonen’s fund awards. Congrats Bhushan!
Pentti Kosonen’s fund awards incentive grants for high-level chemistry subject dissertations and graduate theses with a grade of at least magna cum laude abrobatur. The scholarships are primarily distributed in the field of inorganic and analytical chemistry (material science).
- Rahul received one year grant from The Foundation of Real Estates. Congrats Rahul!
- MCRG, IMCG and DTG members Christmas celebrations:
- PhD dissertation of MSc Nianxing Wang on 14th Oct. Thesis
- Nianxing has been granted a Fortum Foundation Scholarship by The Board of Directors of Fortum Foundation. Congrats Nianxing!
- Rahul has been granted a Fortum Foundation Scholarship by The Board of Directors of Fortum Foundation. Congrats Rahul!
- Bhushan wins Chemical Spring Innovation Competition. Congrats Bhushan! It is published on the intranet, here is the link: https://intranet.utu.fi/fi/ajankohtaista/uutiset/Sivut/kampusen-kasvot-kemian-kevaan-voittaja-bhushan-gadgil.aspx
- Milla has been awarded the Best Poster Prize presented in Symposium 08 at the 67th Annual Meeting of the International Society of Electrochemistry in The Hague, The Netherlands. Congrats Milla!
- PhD dissertation of MSc Bhushan Gadgil on 20th May. Thesis
- MCRG welcomes our new PhD student Rahul Yewale from Pune, India. Welcome to the group Rahul!
- Ajit got 10 months postdoctoral grant from Finnish Cultural Foundation (Varsinais-Suomi Regional Fund). Congrats Ajit!
- Milla received Finnish Chemical Society Young Researcher Award for her master’s thesis. More details here link .Congrats Milla!
- Recent work on supercapacitors is published in Luonnontieteilijä magazine, 6/2015 p. 22, in Finnish: “Sähköautojen ongelma ratkaistaan superkondensaattoreilla”. Congrats to Pia and Milla for promoting MCRG research activities in media.(pc: Hannu Aaltonen)
- After the lab cleaning, MCRG members went for dinner at Pub Niska. Everyone enjoyed Finnish Style Pizza!
- PhD student Bhushan Gadgil received Best Poster Award at the sixth international conference on Carbon for Energy Storage/Conversion and Environment Protection held in Poznan Poland.http://www.cesep2015.put.poznan.pl/. CESEP_2015_Best poster award_Bhushan Gadgil.
- PhD student Milla Suominen received 3 years funded doctoral position from Doctoral Programme in Physical and Chemical Sciences (PCS) for the University of Turku Graduate School (UTUGS). Congratulations Milla! Keep it up!
- Dr. Ajit Kalekar, from University of Pune joined our group as a postdoctoral researcher. He will be working on the Pd nanoparticles-reduced graphene oxide composites for catalytic applications, in collaboration with Åbo Akademi University. Welcome Ajit!